Custodian of Five Oaks, an Historic Massillon Landmark on the National Register of Historic Places
On June 30, 2019, the Foundation unveiled a monument at the Union Cemetery on Andrew Street. This was the first public burial ground in Massillon and in use in the first half of the 19th century. Although approximately 200 bodies were moved to the Massillon Cemetery in 1848, many bodies remain. There are no markers, stones or signs on the property. The Foundation felt that the site was historically significant and erected the monument to honor those early settlers that are buried there.